Job OverviewResponsible for generating revenue by demonstrating product knowledge, suggestive selling and conducting sales transactions with guests in a variety of indoor and open-air locations by performing the following duties:
Position Description• Greets guests with a smile in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
• Possesses full knowledge of all retail products and provides an interactive guest experience through the utilization of suggestive sales techniques and product demonstrations in a positive and outgoing manner.
• Exceeds guest expectations by engaging with each individually to provide a personalized shopping experience.
• Folds, wraps and bags merchandise.
• Processes merchandise sales and returns by operating point-of-sale system and handling large amounts of currency including cash, credit card transactions, travelers’ checks, vouchers and discounts with high efficiency and accuracy.
• Practices proper cash handling procedures by utilizing the point-of-sale system, properly organizes money, and counts change back to guests.
• Following appropriate checkout procedures including verifying starting cash bank and balancing out at the end of shift.
• Stocks, replenishes and retrieves merchandise and supplies.
• Ensures all merchandise is ticketed and correctly priced and takes accurate markdowns.
• Achieves or exceeds sales goals provided by General Merchandise Manager/Merchandise Store Manager.
• Maintains sales floor appearance standards by cleaning floor surface and dusting counters and displays by using appropriate tools.
• Completes all opening, running and closing duties as assigned.
• Assists in loss prevention by practicing proper security safe guards as outlined during training.
• Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
• Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
• Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.