Job OverviewResponsible for maintaining a high degree of guest and staff member satisfaction while assisting with day-to-day operation of venue by performing the following duties:
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Conducts daily shift meetings.
- Assists in training new staff members within their department.
- Assists management with motivating, developing, coaching and counseling staff members to ensure the proper level of service is being provided to guests.
- Visits all tables during every guest’s meal to ensure guest satisfaction and consistent customer service.
- Notifies management of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Assists with labor controls and assigning duties to Staff Members.
- Responsible for reporting any Staff Member issues to management.
- Responsible for comping and/or discounting guest checks when applicable.
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation and training.
- Assists management with opening and closing responsibilities and assigning duties to Staff Members, and including overseeing dining room set up and conducting a walk-through of venue.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- During state or national emergency situations, managers are responsible for the continued operations of the venue. The venue must remain open in less otherwise instructed by Home Office Management or the local authorities.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- One to two years restaurant in a high volume Food and Beverage environment.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
- Basic computer skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment subject to local laws.