Job OverviewYou will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of guest and staff member satisfaction while assisting with the day-to-day operation of the kitchen by performing the following duties:
- Supervises the flow of activity in the kitchen to and from the dining area.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Conducts daily shift meetings.
- Assists in training new staff members within their department.
- Assists management with motivating, developing, coaching, and counseling culinary staff to maintain food quality standards.
- Notifies management of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring expo is managed efficiently.
- Assists with labor controls and assigning duties to staff members.
- Responsible for reporting any Staff Member issues to management.
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and safety.
- Assists management with opening and closing responsibilities and assigning duties to Staff Members.
- Assists with coordination of catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Assists with ensuring quality of products and waste prevention.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- One to two years kitchen experience in a high volume Food and Beverage environment.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
- Basic computer skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.